Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Pictiúr

CBI have announced that Pictiúr, an exciting new exhibition of the work of some of Ireland’s leading children’s book illustrators and which has been curated by Laureate na nÓg, Niamh Sharkey, will visit four venues in Europe during Ireland’s Presidency of the EU, before returning to Ireland to tour.

I'm delighted to be one of the illustrators involved.
This picture from The Christmas Miracle of Jonathan Toomey is one of my originals in the show.
Here's a list of the featured Illustrators:

Lily Bernard              Adrienne Geoghegan            Anita Jeram         Donough O’Malley
Alan Clarke                Olivia Golden                         Chris Judge          Niamh Sharkey
Michael Emberley    Chris Haughton                     P.J. Lynch            Steve Simpson
Tatiana Feeney         Paul Howard                          Oisin McGann      Kevin Waldron
Marie-Louise Fitzpatrick           Oliver Jeffers      Mary Murphy       Olwyn Whelan
Andrew Whitson

5 comments:

Sadami said...

Hi, PJ,
I love that picture! I wish I could see the original. I wonder what sort of size it is. I hope ev everyting will go well with the show.
Kind regards, Sadami

PJ Lynch said...

Many thanks Sadami. I am afraid that the tour is just around European countries sadly.
The original is about 60cm wide.
Best regards
PJ

Sadami said...

Thank U so much! My mentor Ann James will visit Europe soon. So, I asked her if she could bump you or your work in shows or Bologna, anywhere, please pass my hello to u.
Best wishes, Sadami

Anonymous said...

Evocative and wonderful illustration

Anonymous said...

That last comment was from me..Kristine Byrne..