Thursday, March 22, 2012

"Illustrating the Fantastic in Life and in Art"


I always liked that image in the previous post, but felt that the grimness of the Spirit was compromised by the cheery household scene that I had to show behind him.
Anyway I couldn't resist tweaking it while I had the image in Photoshop.
As happens so often, simplifying the picture seems to improve it a great deal.

I will be talking about "Illustrating the Fantastic in Life and in Art" at the National Gallery of Ireland on Saturday as part of the Study Morning on Fables and Fairy Tales in Irish Art.
I might well use this picture as a darker example of my work.

3 comments:

Photographe à Dublin said...

Just dropping by to say how very much I enjoyed the morning listening to lectures on Fantasy and Fairy themes in literature and art.

Many thanks for such an insightful talk about your work.

PJ Lynch said...

Thanks so much "Photographe à Dublin",
I am delighted you enjoyed the event.
Very best wishes
PJ

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I'm a big fan of your work.
Especially of this one.
I would like to know if there is a slight chance that I could use it as a flyer for one of small concerts that I'm organising?
In case you may be interested please contact me: sevasevol@gmail.com
Thanks in advance
Ines