Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Enter the DAA Children's Short Story Competition


Here is a chance for one of you younger budding writers out there to match your storytelling talents to my illustration work.
The Dublin Airport Authority, who sponsor the Irish Book Awards, asked me to do a picture which contains all sorts of fantasy elements for their Children's Short Story Competition
.
I had a lot of fun with this one, using digital and traditional techniques and bringing in various bizarre characters that I hope might tickle your imaginations.
All you have to do is write a short story, in not more than 250 words, based on the themes suggested by my painting.
Come on! Download an entry form here, and let your imaginative juices flow.

The two winning entrants will receive all eight titles shortlisted for the Award and will be invited to join a panel of expert judges who will decide the winners of the Dublin Airport Authority Children’s Books of the Year Award for 2009. A donation will also be made to the school libraries of the winning entrants.

3 comments:

Meredith said...

Great painting as usual!

I enjoyed watching your videos on youtube.

PJ Lynch said...

Many thanks Meredith
Best wishes
PJ

Silke Janas-Schloesser said...

Beautiful paintings ! How can I become your follower here at Blogspot?
Faery best Wishes, Silke