Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Bisto Book of the Year Shortlist Announced

The Bisto Awards shortlist has been announced and I am on there, for my illustrations to The Gift of the Magi.
It's great to be short-listed, and I'm really pleased for my Walker Books stable mate Mary Finn with Anila’s Journey, which I think is her first book.

Airman - Eoin Colfer (Puffin)
An Phleist Mhór - Ré O’Laighléis, Susan Edwards & Emily Colenso (Móinin)
Anila’s Journey - Mary Finn (Walker)
Bog Child - Siobhan Dowd (David Fickling)
Brionglóidí - Áine Ní Ghlinn & Carol Betera (Cló Mhaigh Eo)
Creature of the Night - Kate Thompson (The Bodley Head)
Her Mother’s Face - Roddy Doyle (Scholastic Books)
Highway Robbery - Kate Thompson (The Bodley Head)
The Gift of the Magi Illustrated - PJ Lynch (Walker Books)
The Great Paper Caper - Oliver Jeffers (Harper Collins)

You can read a bit more about the Bistos at David Maybury's excellent blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mr. Lynch,

I am delighted to read your blog as I have been a 'fan' for many years: since "Grandfather's Prayer of the Earth". You have given me and a lot of people lots fo pleasure but my favourite book by you is "Names on the Harp", the book of Irish myths. Increadible.

I am delighed that you have been nominated. Good luck!

I am Irish, living in Baltimore MD for the past 8 years and when I came here first, EVERYONE got an edition of the Irish Myth book as a 'hello' pressie from me! My fav pic is the end panel for "The Children Of Lir" no words... Thank you so much and thanks for the credits you give. Very useful for the very amature artist like me...!

Lisa O'Reilly, ex Rathfarnham, Dublin, now Baltimore.